I've just spent the last 45 minutes or so broggling around with one of the points trying to get it to work.
I just thought I'd better give the track a test run after all that spraying of glue that I did yesterday associated with the ballasting and such like.
I gave the track a pretty serious rubbing down with a track cleaner and hooked up the wires. It worked perfectly except for when the first turnout was set for the straight road. Now this was a puzzlement. Everything worked perfectly before I started spraying and I covered all the pertinent part of the turnouts to protect them from overspray.
Not being electrically minded, anytime something like this happens I get pretty fed up because I know that it will take me an age to sort it out.
Surely enough it did. It took me quite some time to find out that some glue and spray paint had caked up the pivot point between the straight switch rail and stock rail (or is that closure rail). Anyway once I'd found that and cleared everything out it ran perfectly again. Things are back on track excuse the pun. I think I should work on the backscene now.