Sunday, January 6, 2013

Inertia

Clearly this isn't working as well as I had envisioned. It has been over a month since I last posted about the new layout progress and to date there hasn't been any further developments. Which, though not a cause for concern is a cause for comment. The first time I took on this 7 day layout malarkey it was so very easy with my calendar free and one days progress very naturally followed anothers. This time the gap between construction days means there's a huge inertia to overcome to get going again. There have been a couple of free days available to me to get some work done, but I just didn't feel like it. There's also been a lot of work pressure going on with ridiculous amounts of overtime to be had which may well have contributed to my attitude.
Right now, I'm hoping that I'll be fired up to get something done on Martin Luther King Day as the day is a holiday from work and I have had that day earmarked to do layout construction right from the outset of the project.
But then my good friend Ed Traxler found a certain picture on the internet and who knows where that might yet lead...

1 comment:

  1. What works for me to keep the momentum going is to just work in the evenings for a couple hours. Of course, that depends completely on what kind of job, and what hours are being worked.

    The other thing I like to try is building the layout in small portions (micro sections of a micro layout). Do a few square inches, or a building in a few evenings and eventually the project already gets done.

    Finally, even though it is nice to have the layout done in a week, you've already proven it. Why not try to prove that despite a busy work schedule, a layout can still be built easily?

    Anyways, just suggestions. Found this blog from carendt.com

    ReplyDelete