Saturday, January 23, 2010

Ain't nothin' like the real thing...

Last Monday was the Martin Luther King Jnr. holiday hereabouts and as a result I had the day off work. The weather forecast had been quite promising so I decided to go over to Saint Cloud to photograph and film some trains on the main line. (I am TrainspotterUSA after all) Unfortunately the predicted sunshine never materialised. So all my photographs and video are somewhat grey. But I was rewarded with some film of the Northern Lines Railway working the Northern Siding at Phillips recycling. The Northern siding is where the gondolas are loaded with scrap metal.
Enjoy.

After I had posted this on YouTube, Jake Nelson, a fellow outstate Minnesota railfan alerted me to some film he shot a while back of the Northern lines working the West siding. This is where cars are left for scrapping. His video is here:

With these two pieces of film you get an insight into the rail operations at this small industry.
If you want to see more of my Youtube railfanning videos they are on my YouTube channel
http://www.youtube.com/Trainspotterusa

2 comments:

  1. Nice video--thanks for sharing it!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian
    Jake Nelson's video points right back to your video. Any idea of his channel name on YT?
    Andrew

    ReplyDelete